PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
The Tahiti Tourisme website is in compliance with the amended law 78-17 of 6 January 1978 relating to data processing, files and liberties, known as the “Data Processing and Liberties” law and with the GDPR, General Data Protection Regulations.
All information relating to the collection and storage of our customer’s personal data is methodically kept in a register containing all the supporting documents (internal reports, letters, meeting’s reports, etc.) to demonstrate that Tahiti Tourisme complies with the provisions of the January 1978 law and the GDPR and that it fully exercises its responsibilities in this matter. This register shall be kept up to date and shall take into account all changes in processing.
Respect for the protection of personal data is a key element on the trusting relationship we want to establish with you.
The purpose of this information notice is to inform you in a transparent approach about the processing operations that we are likely to carry out throughout our commercial association.
Tahiti Tourisme, as the supervisor of data processing, collects and treats personal data concerning you for the following purposes:
– Inform you about our events and those of our partners and allow you to participate;
– Send you our communications (newsletters, catalogues, etc.);
– Offer you information about the destination;
– Allow you to learn about the destination;
– Allow you to access our media library (brand center);
– To suggest you our products and services or to introduce you to those of our partners;
– Allow you to access our website and participate in our contests;
– Allow us to carry out analyses and studies relating to our products and services and the use of our websites.
Indirectly personal data for statistical purposes may also be collected for the purpose of managing your connection and browsing. You can consult our cookie’s policy in the legal notices on our website at the link below: https://tahititourisme.nz/en-nz/pp/
We only carry out data processing when one of the following conditions is respected
– Your consent to the processing operations has been obtained;
– The existence of our legitimate interest, or that of a third party, which justifies our processing of the personal data concerned;
– The execution of a contract binding us to you, requires us to implement the processing of the personal data concerned;
– We are bound by legal and regulatory obligations that require the processing of the personal data concerned.
In the event that we seek your consent, it is collected directly on the form provided to collect the information about you.
For the purposes of the processing operation described above, the data collected and processed are as follows:
– Identity: title, surnames, forenames, address, telephone number (fixed and/or mobile), fax number, e-mail addresses, date of birth, profession, internal processing code allowing the client to be identified;
– Data relating to the follow-up of the commercial association: documentation requests, test requests, product purchased, service or subscription obtained, quantity, amount, frequency, delivery address, history of purchases and services, return of products, origin of the sale (seller, representative, partner, affiliate) or order, correspondence with the customer and aftersales service, exchanges and comments from customers and prospects, person (s) in charge of customer relations;
– Data relating to invoice payments: payment terms, discounts granted, receipts, balances and unpaid invoices;
– Data relating to the selection of people to perform customer fidelity and consent actions, prospecting, survey, product testing and promotion actions;
– Data relating to the organization and processing of contests, lotteries and any promotional operations such as the date of participation, the responses to the contests and the nature of the prizes offered;
– Data relating to the contributions of persons who submit opinions on products, services or content, including their pseudonyms;
– Data collected as part of the Tahiti Specialist Program.
Storage time span
The storage periods we apply to your personal data are proportional to the purposes for which they were collected.
The recipients of your personal data are our own management teams, technical service providers and subcontractors.
Indeed, the personal data that we collect, as well as those that are subsequently collected, are intended for us in our capacity as controller.
We ensure that only authorized persons have access to this data. Our service providers may be recipients of this data in order to carry out the services we entrust to them. Some personal data may be sent to third parties or to legal authorized authorities in order to meet our legal, regulatory or contractual obligations.
We transfer your personal data to countries outside the European Union and these transfers are conducted by legal instruments that comply with the appropriate requirements.
Under the conditions provided for by the data protection regulations, you have the right to access, rectify and delete data concerning you.
This removal can only take place if:
-The data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which we have collected or processed them;
– You have withdrawn your consent to their processing;
– You have objected to their treatment and there is no compelling reason for Tahiti Tourisme to pursue it;
– The data have been unlawfully processed;
– The data must be deleted in order to comply with a legal obligation provided for by European Union legislation or French legislation to which Tahiti Tourisme is subject.
You may also request that the processing of your personal data be limited and that it be portable, including its transmission to a third party.
Your right to data portability applies only to personal data concerning you, which excludes anonymous personal data or data that does not concern you. This right is limited to processing
based on consent or a contract and to personal data that you have personally generated.
You may also object to the processing of your data for your own reasons. In terms of commercial prospecting, you can exercise this right free of charge and without reason by writing to the address below.
When the data processing operations we carry out are based on your consent, you may withdraw it at any time. We will then stop processing your personal data.
You can exercise your rights online at the following email address: email@example.com or by post at the following address: Tahiti Tourisme, BP 65 – 98 713 Papeete with an identity proof.
You can file a complaint with a control authority – In France, there is the CNIL, 3, Place de Fontenoy, TSA 80715, 75334 Paris Cedex 07.
You have the possibility to define guidelines for the storage, removal and communication of your personal data after your death to a trusted, certified third party responsible for ensuring that the deceased’s wishes are respected, according with the requirements of the relevant legal framework.