Papeete, May 20th, 2020
Lockdown lifted in French Polynesia starting from May 21, 2020
After two months of lockdown and following the improvement of the health situation, the authorities declared the end of lockdown in French Polynesia starting from May 21, 2020:
- Access to the territory for all non-residents of French Polynesia is still suspended (since March 18, 2020), until further notice. Commercial flights will be resumed following specific regulations which will be announced in 15 days.
- Domestic flights will start their operations from May 22nd, with Air Tahiti flights serving only 10 islands: Huahine, Raiatea, Bora Bora, Rangiroa, Tikehau, Fakarava, Rurutu, Tubuai, Nuku Hiva and Hiva Oa.
- Sailing yachts which have been welcomed in overcrowded mooring areas must leave and resume their trip.
- All companies and administrations will resume their activities.
- Restaurants, bars and nightclubs will resume their activities under usual conditions.
DOWNLOAD THE OFFICIAL NOTE – MAY 20TH 2020
(only in French)