Easing of entry requirements for The Islands of Tahiti as of March 28, 2022
Due to the favourable development of the health situation, the State and local authorities have decided to ease the conditions of entry into French Polynesia as of Monday March 28, 2022.
FOR ALL TRAVELLERS
As of Monday March 28, 2022, for all travellers to French Polynesia it is no longer required to:
- Register on the ETIS platform
- Complete a self-test upon arrival at Tahiti Faa’a Airport
- Complete additional self-tests (on D+2 and D+5 for non-vaccinated travellers with a compelling reason for travel)
It will still be mandatory to perform an antigen test (or RT-PCR) within 24 hours before departure to French Polynesia from Metropolitan France or abroad for all persons over 12 years old. A strict control will be carried out by the carriers.
REFUND OF TRAVELLERS CONTRIBUTION TO THE HEALTH SURVEILLANCE FEE
Travellers arriving in French Polynesia from Monday 28 March 2022, who have registered on the ETIS platform and have paid their health surveillance fee, may apply to “Service du Tourisme” to request reimbursement. This request can be made by email ([email protected]) or by post (Service du Tourisme BP 4527- 98713 Papeete TAHITI French Polynesia).
Travellers requesting a refund are requested to attach their receipted invoice (downloadable from the “manage my file” tab or from the ETIS claim receipt email) and the flight information provided by the traveller’s airline (or travel agency) to the claim.
For any other questions regarding their ETIS application, please write to [email protected].
NON-VACCINATED TRAVELLERS OR WHOSE VACCINATION SCHEDULE IS
- Relaxation of the declaration of the compelling reason:
Travellers aged 12 years and older who are not vaccinated or whose vaccination schedule is incomplete are still subject to compelling family, professional or health reasons, but controls will be carried out by the carriers.
Therefore, the travellers concerned should :
- Download, print and complete the declaration of compelling reason (available on the website of the High Commission) accompanied by proof of the reason.
- Present these documents at check-in on the day of departure to the airline, which will be responsible for checking them and determining the validity of the reason given
- 7-day self-isolation: For travellers with a compelling reason to French Polynesia, it is recommended to follow a 7-day self-isolation.
TRAVELERS ARRIVING BY SEA
Entry requirements for travellers arriving by sea are suspended (sanitary protocols including either quarantine or negative test prior to landing). However, they must provide the Maritime Declaration of Health (MHD) prior to arrival in the country.
Find the updated entry and stay conditions below and on our website:
With 118 equally as beautiful islands to choose from, there’s an abundance of accommodation options from luxurious overwater bungalows, guesthouses run by locals, catamarans and boutique cruise lines, and even private islands. The Islands of Tahiti are uniquely well-suited for travel in a post-pandemic world. Travellers visiting the islands can feel confident in choosing the destination for their next trip, knowing that they can truly relax amid pristine beaches, intimate and secluded bungalows, and feel as isolated as Robinson Crusoe.